Holy crap, it’s the end of August. ANOTHER MONTH HAS GONE BY. What. Is. This?! It’s actually blowing my mind how fast this summer has gone. In a week, I’ll be going back to school!!! It’ll definitely be the ultimate test of juggling sports, school and this blog. But I think I got this. And guys, *whispers* I’m almost caught up on my reviews! XD
Okay, let’s get to this month’s wrap up!
**Full Reviews linked in the titles**
The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
3.5/5 stars: I loved the culture and writing of this novel. I was thrown into a beautiful world of wonder and magic. The writing was exquisite, painting images that left me in awe. However, I was not blown away with the plot. The ending was rushed in a way where I thought the book seemed incomplete. There is definitely room for improvement which I will hopefully seen in the sequel A Crown of Wishes.
It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
5/5 stars: A bold, thought-provoking novel that tugged at the heartstrings and left you breathless. This novel changed me in more ways than one and every single person should read this painfully honest novel. One of my top 2016 novels right here.
The Way Back to You by Michelle Andreani and Mindi Scott
4/5 stars: A quick road trip novel that is too sweet for words. I enjoyed everything about this novel from the adorable black kitten to the romance to how the characters grieved, dealing with their friend’s death. Was slow to begin with, but quickly rose to the occasion with contemporary genius. Well done.
Glass Sword (Red Queen #2) by Victoria Aveyard
5/5 stars: THAT ENDING PRETTY MUCH DESTROYED ME. For the most of the novel, I was battling between hating and loving Mare. I saw the true anti-hero in her with her sometimes cruel ways and harsh leadership. By the end, I was won over. I adore this character and every flaw. Plot moved in brilliant ways. I’m impressed; the sequel was much better than its predecessor.
Lots of fun stuff happened this month! Here’s a list of the tags, hauls and recaps I did!
- August 2016: Most Anticipated Releases
- Chapters Haul #1 | Sales and nothing but sales
- The “I Messed Up” Tag
- This or That Book Tag
- Real Neat Blog Award
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Read That Book You’ve Been Putting Off For Ages
- Recap: An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- I’ve created new headers that FINALLY go with my theme, and I’m super happy with them. Hahaha, I’ve come a long way.
- I unplugged myself from electronics for about 5 days. During this time, I did a lot of writing and brainstorming. I also got a hit of reality where I realized that me and a lot of people around me are waaaay too attached to our phones. To social media. To the world in a screen. And that’s NOT okay. I’m definitely guilty of this but I’m going to try my damn best to control myself when it comes to time on a phone or on a laptop and enjoy the world outside my room.
- I listened to and completed my first audiobook this month and I can’t wait to tell you my experience with it.
- I went to Chapters many times this summer and spent more than enough money on books and cool stuff there. I’m seriously in love with Chapters. Can I just live there forever? I can be their little store elf that protects the books from evil and scares helps customers find their books.
- I’m a Peer Mentor at my school which means I help and support the Grade 9s coming in this year! I will meet up with my Peer Mentor Group on Sept 1st and I’m super excited to share my experiences through high school!! And to support these guys!
August flew by in a blink of an eye! It’s crazy!!
How was your August?? How many of your anticipated releases did you end up finishing??! I read 3/5 of mine!!! 😱😱 CAN YOU BELIEVE ITS SEPTEMBER TOMORROW?!?
Note: I had to write this post on my phone because I left my laptop at my parents’ restaurant so forgive me for all the format issues. WordPress Mobile needs some serious updates! #petition?! (Update: Nevermind, I updated it. It’s not bad, but still improvements could be made…)
3 thoughts on “Monthly Wrap Up: August 2016”
I understand your struggle of having to juggle school (homework, tests, quizzes, and more homework) with extracurricular activities and such! I hope both of us will find time to keep reading and blogging through it all 🙂
I hope we do find time to read and blog as well! I’m really going to have to fight my desire to procrastinate.. 😛 Good luck to you and your school (and blogging) year! 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, and haha I feel you! I’m so glad to know I’m not the only one who feels as though senior year is much more stressful (and fun!) than junior year. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person