Thank you so much Cate @ Midnight Biblio for nominating me!! Please go check out her blog because I told you so, and you won’t regret it! 😉
What is the Liebster Award?
Liebster is a German word meaning sweet, favourite or dearest. It is an award from bloggers to bloggers to discover new blogs and help build a sense of community in the blogging world.
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions of your own.
Do you see yourself blogging in five years?
Five years from now, I should be graduating university and I hope to god I’m still blogging because that would suck. I don’t think I will ever not read or review or blog for that matter, but I do know I will be hella busy in five years, so I hope my future self does set aside some time to blog. I think I might not post as much but I will definitely be blogging!
What’s your favourite book genre?
I got too many to count, but some of my ultimate go-to genres are Fantasy, and Contemporary Romance as a close second.
My first books were fantasy and I still love them today. I’ve recently been binge reading fantasy novels and I’m loving it. I love that the worlds are so different because fantasy is such a versatile genre, and the stabby scenes. I love stabby scenes.
Romance because I love the idea of love. I just read romance novels so I can live out my expectations through books. Book Boyfriends are the best.
What’s your favourite movie genre?
Eep. I don’t know actually. I like action movies and rom-coms, but I watch a spectrum of genres too like horror and comedy. I don’t think I can say that I have a favourite genre because I don’t watch a lot of movies. (I read books instead! 😄)
How many languages can you speak?
I can speak 3 languages. A dialect of Cantonese, English, and French.
I’ve been low key teaching myself American Sign Language though, and I’m looking at taking courses to officially learn it in university.
Are there any books you’ve given 1 star to?
Technically I have on Goodreads as I rate my DNF as 1 star, but the lowest rating I’ve given so far to a book I’ve actually read was 2 stars. The book is Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck. Seriously, it’s horrible. Don’t read it unless you want to be so frustrated with the stupid heroine to the point where you had to take breaks in between because it was too much. (Yes, I’m talking from experience. -.- )
What’s your favourite social media platform?
Oh lord. Instagram, because I love taking pictures. I’m saving money to get a quality camera. 🙂 I don’t use my personal account a lot so I’m more for Instagram for what it stands for than anything.
Also, the bookstagrams are the best and I follow waaay too many of them. 😜
Tea or coffee?
Can’t choose. Love both equally.
Spring, summer, autumn or winter?
Oh autumn all the way!! I love fall weather because it’s not too hot and not too cold. I love wearing jeans and a thin sweatshirt. It gives me a great excuse to dress comfy, and I love the changing leaves. I’m also a fall baby so there’s that too! 😀
What’s your favourite type of post to write?
First, I love this question! Second, I really like writing lists and bookish habits the most. However, those take forever to plan so I write less of them. I write a lot more reviews which are great practice for my English classes and I do enjoy writing them, but writing about buying vs borrowing or how book covers play a huge role in our lives allows me to have discussions with other bloggers and talk more in depth about certain subjects within our book nerd worlds.
Do you like writing?
If yes, why? If no, why not?
I like writing because it calms me down and helps me clear my thoughts (why reviews are great for my health or I would be a pent-up ball of emotions). I used to do a lot of creative writing and I still write poems and would love to write a full length novel someday, but that won’t happen for a while. (My creative juices are running low).
- If you were stranded on an island, name 3 books you would take with you.
- What is your opinion on love triangles?
- If you could ask any author 3 questions, who would it be and what would be those questions?
- Who are your top 5 ultimate book boyfriends?
- Who inspired you to blog?
- What does your reviewing process look like? (ie the steps to writing a review; draft, edit, publish; mention plot, characters, etc)
- Favourite comfort food?
- Favourite flavour of ice cream?
- What are your thoughts on book trailers?
- What is one piece of advice you want to share with all book bloggers (or bloggers in general?)
- Where can we stalk you? (ie Goodreads, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Melissa @ BookNerdMomo
- Shealea @ That Bookshelf Bitch
- Annie @ THE MISSTERY
- Lillian @ LairOfBooks
- Lara @ The Heathen
- Romana @ A Book Nerd
- Amanda @ Hanging With Amanda
- Liam @ Hey Ashers
- aentee @ read at midnight
- Kayleigh @ Just Page by Page
- Anna @ Space Cats and Books
- Shannon @ Captivated-By-Fantasy