Oh my goodness! September came and went in a blink of an eye!! I didn’t even realize that a Monthly Wrap Up was here until the very last minute (like very last minute based on the timing of this post. XD) It was only the first day of school and now one month is gone!! Oh boy, I’m not ready for this. 😧
Let’s just fangirl over the fall season because it is among us and I’m loving it!! I’m wearing jeans and sweatshirts and I’m going to bring out the combat boots soon! I’ve been drinking teas (but every season is tea season) and I’m just so happy it’s fall!! ❤
Okay enough with the raving Michelle. Let’s get to the wrap up. 🙂
*Full reviews linked in the titles
P.S. I Like You by Kasie West
5/5 stars: Aaaannnnd Kasie West strikes again with a heart-warming contemporary novel!! I loved loved loved this new standalone and I got a fellow bookworm loving it as well. The main character, Lily has a great friendship with her best friend, Isabel, and I could relate to that wholeheartedly as it reflected my own friendships in real life. The romance was super sweet, and this made me laugh many times. This is definitely a happy, fluffy book that everyone should pick up if they’re having a crappy day or finishing a sad book because I read this in need of happy, and I got it!!
This is My Brain on Boys by Sarah Strohmeyer
3.5/5 stars: A science-filled novel, this story appealed to my science-y feels and I enjoyed the cool fun facts. Romance wasn’t the best and plot moved slow, but this book shines in the character development department so it wasn’t horrible per say. The ending was the nail in the coffin for this book because it wasn’t acceptable. I hated the ending and it was poorly planned out.
A Torch Against The Night by Sabaa Tahir
4/5 stars: The much anticipated sequel to An Ember in the Ashes was one of my Most Anticipated of the month. Needless to say, it didn’t meet all of my expectations which sucked a lot. It was still fabulous and I got healthily attached to Elias all over again because he is just everything beautiful, painful and perfect. This book lacked in the character development department but for only one character: Laia. Lord, I was so disappointed. But Helene was a great POV and I can’t wait for more chapters in her POV in the next book!!
Ruined by Amy Tintera
3.5/5 stars: THIS BOOK WAS SO BORING. I couldn’t connect with the characters, and the romance wasn’t swoony or realistic in my opinion. The plot has so much potential that the author will hopefully tap into in Book 2. The ending made the book bearable but overall, I wasn’t impressed.
- September 2016: Most Anticipated Releases
- Liebster Award
- COVER REVEAL | The Player by Claire Contreras
- Tattoo Thursday (12)
I’m reading a book for my Biology class where the assignment is we finish a science related novel and talk to the class about it as a oral book review. I’m super excited about it!!
An award-winning memoir and instant New York Times bestseller that goes far beyond its riveting medical mystery, Brain on Fire is the powerful account of one woman’s struggle to recapture her identity.
When twenty-four-year-old Susannah Cahalan woke up alone in a hospital room, strapped to her bed and unable to move or speak, she had no memory of how she’d gotten there. Days earlier, she had been on the threshold of a new, adult life: at the beginning of her first serious relationship and a promising career at a major New York newspaper. Now she was labeled violent, psychotic, a flight risk. What happened?
In a swift and breathtaking narrative, Cahalan tells the astonishing true story of her descent into madness, her family’s inspiring faith in her, and the lifesaving diagnosis that nearly didn’t happen.
- Jenny Han released the cover of Always and Forever, Lara Jean and talks about the process of writing this novel
- You can discover your Patronus charm on Pottermore now!! I got scary excited for this!!
- See this teaser of King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard!! #FreeMare
- Renee Ahdieh’s duology, The Wrath & The Dawn got new cover looks! What?! I know.
- Renee Ahdieh also talks about her next book here. I’m so excited for it!!!!
- I pretty much talk about my life and give you updates in this post so check that out if you want!!
- I’m currently obsessed with the song Closer by the Chainsmokers ft. Halsey so if you’re looking for a song to love, it’s that one!
- Waffling Cinnamon Rolls are now off my bucket list and they’re just heaven on earth. It’s so good. So good. 😍
- iOS 10 is messing with me because the everything is different and I don’t deal well with change!!! HELP!! 😓 It’s been a little over a week and I’m slowly heading to acceptance and love but this relationship takes effort and time, I’ll let you know next month.
So that’s my wrap up!! How was your September?? What was your favourite read this month?? Mine was probably P.S. I Like You and A Torch Against The Night. WHO’S BEEN WEARING FUZZY SOCKS??? BECAUSE FUZZY SOCKS ARE BAE AND YOU SHOULD INVEST IN A PAIR!!!